Becoming an Eco-School
An ideal framework to follow, that will inspire and motivate your pupils in making a difference. The course will support you in guiding your school on its journey and help to make sustainability an integral part of school life. Your increased knowledge will support your school in enhancing the curriculum and getting the whole school united in changing their behaviour and progressing through the Eco-School Awards.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainability issues and what constitutes an Eco-School
- Identify their school’s issues and develop an action plan
- Identify ways to engage their whole school in the programme
- Identify partners who can support their school in the programme
- Recognise key requirements of the award scheme and assessment which will enable their school to move confidently through the awards
- Identify ways to focus activity on measures which reduce their school’s Carbon Footprint
Who would benefit from attending this course?
- Teachers (this course is advertised as a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunity on the Training & Development Agency’s National Database of CPD)
- Non-teaching staff with an interest or involvement in the Eco-Schools programme
This course offers an excellent opportunity for newcomers to the Eco-Schools programme to equip themselves with the knowledge and confidence required to introduce the programme into their schools. Delegates who are already involved in Eco-Schools but who have not yet applied for a green flag award may benefit from brushing up on existing knowledge and through learning about the assessment.
Course Duration: One day 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Organisations can have exclusive training at their premises if there are between 8 and 15 delegates. As a host authority you will need to provide:
- Refreshments (including lunch)
- Multi media projector
Prices start from £1200 + VAT